Wednesday, September 4, 2013

No Class Wednesdays!

So its Wednesday, most people look forward to Wednesday as the halfway point between them and the weekend, but for me Wednesdays are a little bit different in the best way. First I love Wednesday because I don't have class, and did I mention I don't have a class Friday either? My roommate and I both don't have class Wednesday making it the perfect day for a Florentine adventure. We started the day with a run to the Piazzale Michelangelo for breathtaking views of the city and parts of the countryside scattered along the outskirts, as usual amazing! The red Ferrari at the top wasn't a bad sight either. However, I skipped a very important part of my story. On our way to the Piazzale we walked past a paper store and on a whim decided to go inside. This wasn't just any paper store, this was a marble paper store, a famous and beautiful paper that finds its origins in Florence of course!


The owner was so friendly and we talked with him for a little about our studies and that we were on our way for a jog and what not and watched a demo of the paper making process for a little. Pretty cool right? Then he asked if we had a few minutes and because we didn't have class of course we did. She we spent the next 15 minutes making marble paper with a master in the heart of the city. 


Literally the coolest thing to ever happen! And after our run he told us to come back and we did only to find the paper we made sealed with our names on it. Another must do in Florence or any other city home to one of their many stores ( http://www.ilpapirofirenze.it/ )


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you found one of my favorite places. Your paper is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! You are so artistic!

    ReplyDelete