Monday, September 16, 2013

Amalfi Coast!

This weekend I spent with my roommates exploring the Amalfi Coast! We left Thursday night around 7pm to check out Capri, Positano, and my dream, Pompeii. A roughly seven hour bus ride sounds long, but when you're driving through the rolling hills of Tuscany, vineyards, and fields of sunflowers the ride itself is breathtaking. We arrived to our hotel and got a quick few hours of sleep before waking up and heading to Capri. The boat ride to Capri was a little rough and while I though it was awesome a few people in our tour group spent the ride with their faces in a plastic bag rather than looking out the window like myself. This also meant the water was too rough to check out the famous Blue Grotto, which just means I'll have to go back another time (no complaints). We started in Capri with a boat tour around the island and checking out the Marina Grande.

After an insane boat tour we climbed to Anacapri (the top of Capri) and enjoyed some Granita, this insanely good orange juice drink with optional vodka, which after the hike up the hill didn't seem so optional. Here's my roommates and I enjoying our drinks and spectacular view! Capri without Granita wouldn't be Capri at all! We also stopped for some lemonchello and chocolate tasting in a sandal shop. Not only did this store handmake beautiful sandals, but they handmade them for Jackie O!


After some exploring in Anacapri we took a chairlift to the very top of Mt. Solaro where I ran into some AXiDs from Elon!


After enjoying some amazing fresh calamari and a day of exploring Capri we headed back down the mountain in a topless taxi! (definitely not what your thinking, it was just a convertible)



We spent the rest of the night at a beer garden in Sorento heading home early to rest of for a day in Positano! Day two was a lot more relaxed than Capri. We spent the day in Positano, a beautiful beach village located along amazing winding cliffs. After spending a few hours on the beach we took a quick boat ride for some cliff jumping and cave swimming. Here's a picture of my roommate Laura and I enjoying the view!


Cliff jumping was definitely the biggest rush ever This might be kind of hard to see, but here's me jumping off a cliff into the Mediterranean. Had some second thoughts at the top, but so glad I went through with it!


How do you end two days of non stop adventure? Me, my roommate, and our other friend decided sneaking into a swanky hotel's outdoor bar with some live music was a good way to end things. We soon discovered it was a hotel for older couples and things got a little awkward when the bartender asked us what room we were staying in. Thankfully he let us stay and enjoy the music until closing! e Hope you enjoyed the obnoxious amount of pictures and I'll save Pompeii for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment