Sunday, September 22, 2013

Living Like a Local

So this was our first weekend in a while that we stayed solely in Florence, and we definitely made the most of it! I had my first yoga class Thursday afternoon and Thursday night we spent seeing the city nightlife and did some quality wandering. We found an awesome Spanish bar, a secret bakery, and spent way too much time on the famous boar statue and hanging out on the Ponte Vecchio. Legend says that if you put a coin into the boar's mouth and it falls out you'll return to Florence, and if you rub its nose you'll have good luck!



The original Il Porcellino statue lies in the Uffizi, but the replicate is just as fun! After a million pictures with the Boar we wondered around until we found a secret bakery, not the secret bakery, but at 2am it was exactly what we needed. After a nutella filled croissant we called it a night. Friday afternoon I went for a run over the Ponte Vecchio and found an amazing super market on my way back, basically the Italian version of Wegmans. Friday afternoon the apartment booked our fall break. In just one month I'll find myself in Spain, Ireland, and England and I'm literally jumping up and down about it! Saturday afternoon my roommate and I check out a local hangout on the Arno River. A huge concrete slab in the middle of the river where locals catch some rays and enjoy sights of the river. After a mellow afternoon a group of us went sunset paddle boarding as part of a promo event for Jimmy Lewis, a Hawaiian paddle board company. Paddle boarding was followed up by apretivo, two bottles of wine, and sneaking into a bounce house on the walk home.


Another perfect weekend in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment