Saturday, November 16, 2013

La Famiglia Mia!

Just in case it isn't totally obvious, I have fallen head over heels for Florence! But there is one thing I love more than my Italian lifestyle, and that's my Italian, well partially Italian famiglia! Last week the Textores family took a visit to Florence! I couldn't have been more excited to see them and they definitely helped with my withdrawals from tour guiding. They arrived on Halloween and I skipped class for the very first time to show them around my new home!

Here's a look at my street, which they saw for the very first time!


Here's the family on the steps of Santa Croce!


After a long flight they were also starving so I gave them a true Italian panini experience and took them to Pino's, and for some gelato at another one of my favorites Venchi! Exhausted after being dragged around Florence the fam headed back to their hotel to rest before taking them to my favorite restaurant! So I haven't mentioned this restaurant yet, but it is by far the most incredible food in Florence. Located just outside Piazza della Signoria, Il Barroccio offers authentic Tuscan cuisine in a small cozy restaurant. A friend and I stumbled across this about a month ago and I couldn't wait to go back! I highly recommend anything with truffle oil or my favorite Gorgonzola and pear over a type of mini gnocchi pasta, absolutely to die for! After being unbelievable stuffed my parents headed off to bed and I took my sister out to experience a Florentine Halloween filled with bar hopping and some makeshift costumes!


We were some pretty sad looking cats, but some of the other study abroad students got a little more into it!


I couldn't have been happier to see them and show them around Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment