Sunday, November 24, 2013

Farewell Famiglia!

The final day of my family's visit to Florence was a mellow one. My parents headed to the Galleria dell' Accademia to see the David, while my sister and I did some last minute shopping in the San Lorenzo Market, for leather of course! The San Lorenzo Market is filled with leather in every form from bags to belts to wallets. Kate bought her very first Italian bag and in exchange for helping her shop she let me drag her to another one of my favorite landmarks. The best part about Florence, or any city for that matter, it that wherever you go and wherever you look there's something new to discover. I took Kate to Piazza Signora, which is where the David originally stood and now a replica stands in its place!


However, I didn't drag Kate all the way there to show her the fake David, I took her to see a drinking fountain. While there's an incredible statue in this square that is massive and can't be missed this isn't what I was showing her either. The fountain I took her to see is on the left side of Museo di Palazzo Vecchio. This is one of many drinking fountains scattered throughout the city, but this one is by far the coolest! Not only does it offer regular water, but it offers fizzy water too, which I think is the coolest thing ever! People come from all over the city to enjoy some of the best water in Florence!


After a busy morning, it was time to say goodbye to my family as they embarked on their next adventure in Roma! I can't even tell you how happy I was to see them and show them my beautiful Firenze!

No comments:

Post a Comment