Sunday, November 10, 2013

Calcio!

So what's the best way to embrace Italian culture? Soccer of course!  We went to our first soccer match last week to see Fiorentina vs. Napoli! Even though we ended up losing 2-1, we had an amazing time gearing up in purple and living the Florentine lifestyle!


All the roommates before our short bus ride to the Stadio Artemio Franchi just outside the center of Florence!


Here's a look at the stadium and a few us enjoying the game!



What makes the game and the team even better? One of Fiorentina's forwards, Giuseppe Rossi, was born in Jersey!


Even though I know close to nothing about soccer, it didn't take much to get a feel for how much the Florentines love their city and their team. I have never seen so much purple in my life and was so lucky to see them play one of their biggest rivals. Win or lose this was definitely one of my favorite nights and a gave me a real feel for what Florence is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment