Saturday, August 31, 2013

When in Florence!

So I've talked about the wine and how beautiful the city is, but now I'm going to talk about the food even though I'm almost positive there aren't words to describe it. Last night we took a cooking class across the Ponte Vecchio (which is obviously gorgeous). Here's a picture of my roommates and I on the bridge.


 After crossing the bridge we headed to our cooking class at "In Tavola" where we made Eggplant Caprese (Caprese di Melanzane), White Meat Ragu (Ragu' Bianco), Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce (Sugo all'Aglione) and Tiramisu! Here's a few pictures of us cooking and the amazing food we made and ate of course!



Not only did I finally have real Italian Food I have my very first gelato experience today! I went to Bellamia and got mandorla (almond) and latte menta (fresh milk and peppermint) on via dello Statuto, 2 and I'm pretty sure I will never eat regular ice cream again. Check out their website and if you ever make it here GO! It's also like the cutest place ever and no one speaks English. http://www.bellamiagelateria.it/en/? Fun fact about gelato via my roommate is that good gealto is displayed in small shallow bins not the one's that are stacked super high with crazy colors. The smaller the amount on display the better, also if the cover it with some sort of lid its made from natural ingredients and doesn't contain tons of preservatives! And a huge thanks to my roommates who I have been stealing pictures from :)

1 comment: