Monday, October 28, 2013

The Luck of the not-so Irish!

So I have been wanting to see Ireland for a while now, and for a while I mean ever since I saw P.S. I Love You and had the pleasure of listening to Gerard Butler's accent for an hour and a half. Before I tell you all about my day in Ireland, let me tell you that Ireland was everything I expecting and more! So when I first arrive on my crazy early flight from Spain, I found myself wandering around Dublin trying to find my hostel and everyone who saw me looking at a map asked me if I needed help. The people of Dublin are the sweetest people I have ever met! Lucky for me an older man asked me if I was lost and ended up taking me on a tour of the city sharing his love of Ireland with me and telling me all about the history. Here's a view of the Liffey River in Dublin!


After a short tour and finally finding my hostel My roommate and I started our sightseeing in Dublin! What better was to start then at the old Jameson distillery!


and a quick shot of whiskey before we started the tour!


We learned all about the history of Jameson and their famous triple distilled whiskey, and then drank some more whiskey at the end of the tour! I only had a day in Dublin so we tried to cram in as much as possible and after seeing the Jameson distillery we headed to the Guinness Factory!


The Guinness factory was huge! I can't honestly say I wasn't a Guinness girl before this whole Ireland adventure started. but I have been changed for the better. Back home Guinness even on tap was just too heavy and bitter for my liking, but real Guinness tastes like coffee, and caramel, and chocolate, and when you see people drinking in the morning you totally understand! We spend a few hours wandering around the factory and then we learned how to properly taste a Guinness and really experience the full flavors.


So ready to learn the proper day to taste a beer? Take a deep break, then take a sip of beer (enough to fill your whole mouth), swallow the beer, and exhale and you'll taste all the flavors of the beer. It sounds ridiculous and it kind of is, but it totally works! After we learned how to properly drink a beer my roommate and I went to check out some vintage Guinness advertisements, and took a picture with some of course!



And to finish up our afternoon of learning how to properly taste a Guinness and learned how to properly pour a Guinness, we headed to the rooftop bar to enjoy our properly poured Guinness!



After a day of experiencing Ireland and plenty of drinks we headed to The Brazen Head, Ireland's oldest pub for some traditional Irish fare and to meet up with all of the roommates!



After an awesome dinner and some catching up, we ended the night at another Irish pub, The Temple Bar, for some live Irish music! Not only was the band amazing, but they played the song from P.S. I Love you and that's when I decided I absolutely fell in love with Ireland.


Next stop London!

No comments:

Post a Comment