Monday, October 7, 2013

David for the Day!

So after about a month of being in Florence I decided it might be time to actually see the David. I pass the replica that stands where the original once did in front of Palazzo della Signoria and I've spent time near the other replica atop the Piazzale Michelangelo, but I figured it was time to see the real deal. The real Michelangelo's David is located in the Accademia Gallery in the heart of Florence. After seeing the replicas and the million statues sold by street vendors I wasn't expecting too much of the original, but as usual I was so wrong! At 17ft tall I can't even begin to imagine how this was done. Also we weren't allowed to take pictures in the museum, but I managed to get this terrible one from my pocket!


For anyone visiting Florence make sure you see the actual David despite my previous thoughts pictures and replicas don't do this any justice! Enjoy the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment